My School International School Mallorca

logoAs the first international school in the north of Mallorca, My School will open its doors in September 2016 in the urbanisation Crestatx, Sa Pobla. It will initially cater for children between 3 and 9 years in the first year and will grow gradually into the secondary phase.

At My School children will encounter an innovative programme of the highest quality education through a broad thematic curriculum which provides purpose for learning and which is targeted at each individual to achieve personal academic goals. Furthermore, students are encouraged to learn independently through research projects building on their personal interests and learning at their own pace. Essentially the school dedicates daily time to work on solving conflicts and social skills with their students. One of the school’s greatest strengths is the highly qualified team of teachers standing behind the educational project, all with a proven track record of outstanding practice and all qualified in Great Britain.

My School follows the British National Curriculum and is authorised by British and Spanish authorities. 80% of the curriculum is taught in English whereas the other 20% is divided between Spanish and Catalan. Graduating at the age of 18, students will be well prepared to apply to top universities in Great Britain and Spain.

Sitting on former gastronomical grounds the school has the best prerequisites to provide staff and students with a healthy, balanced meal each day. The school has their own cook who caters for all nutritional needs and who in addition prepares take-away food for families at the end of the school day. All products will be fresh, organic and local, some of it from the school´s garden. Organic fruit and vegetable boxes will be offered to families.

Personalized learning: classroom based teacher support, use children’s skills and talents to encourage learning, individual target setting, progress reports, actions plans
Embedding of independent learning skills: research projects developing independent learning skills, building on prior learning, control over own learning
Thematic curriculum based on true understanding: theme-based learning which links subject areas, ensure a more deep-rooted understanding, provide essential life skills
Utilisation of latest technology: e-learning via safe online programmes

Entry assessment
Planned from the age of 8 or 9

Support classes
Group support divided by level for all three languages

British National Curriculum
80% English, 20% Spanish and Catalan

Special educational needs provision
All teachers have further qualifications and will provide individual educational plans for all children

Parent-teacher communication
Parent meetings at regular intervals during the year
Parent council existing

Academic degree
international GCSE and A-levels after implementation of Secondary phase

Examinations/ assessments
continuous assessment throughout academic year

for all year groups from 9am till 4pm

Student background
60% Spanish
40% International from all over the world

Classroom equipment
Interactive whiteboard available in every class

Secondary phase classrooms

Role of…
music: integrated into curriculum, pair-up with local music schools
sports: multipurpose court, outdoor pool
art: integrated into curriculum, creative approach
ICT: Ipads available, IT Suite with class set of computers

Starting at 650Euros for Nursery
5% discount: if rate is paid annual or
for 2 or more siblings

All materials/ insurances are included in the fees.


Children will go on excursions once a term